Welcome to The Forton Group website terms and conditions for use ("Terms").
These Terms apply to the use of this Website and by accessing this Website and/or placing an order for Products or Services you agree to be bound by the Terms set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions please do not use our Website.
Before you place an order with us, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please contact us by email at , or call us on 0845 077 2980. We are open between 9.30-5.30 daily (Monday – Friday).
Please note that customer service calls will be charged at the UK local rate (BT users only, other network charges may vary). Mobile caller rates vary according to tariff when dialling local rate telephone numbers.
You may want to print a copy of these Terms and Conditions for future reference.
- Use Of Our Website
- Purchase Of Products And/Or Services
- Contract Cancellation & Return of Goods
- Description Of Products Or Services
- Price & Payment Methods
- Pricing and VAT outside of the UK
- Third Party Links
- Your Privacy
- Gift Vouchers
- Money Off Vouchers And Promotional Discounts
- Prize Draws
- Our Liability
- Events Outside Our Control (Force Majeure Events)
- Compliance with laws
- Contact Us
- Customer Policies: public workshops, masterclasses & training courses
- "Personal Information" means the details provided by you when you register on this website
- "Product" means a product displayed for sale on the Website
- "Service" means a service displayed for sale on the Website
- "We/us/our" means The Forton Group Limited of College Farm, Main Street, Willoughby, Warwickshire, CV23 8BH and the trading names of "The Professional Leadership Coach Training Programme", "The LeadershipZone" and "The Leadership Coach".
- "Website" means the website located at www.theleadershipzone.org and/or www.thefortongroup.com or any subsequent URL which may replace them;
- "You" means a user of this Website.
2. Use Of Our Website,
- 2.1 Access You are provided with access to this Website in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Orders placed by you must be placed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Back to the Top
- 2.2 Registration
- 2.2.1 By registering as a user of our Website, you warrant that:
(a) the Personal Information which you provide when you register as a user is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and
(b) you will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Information by contacting us by email at
- 2.2.2 You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false identity, name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
- 2.3 We reserve the right to:
(a) modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or •
(b) change these Terms from time to time in accordance with clause 17.8 Our Right to Vary these Terms. If you do not agree to such amended terms, you must stop using the Website. If you continue to use the Website you will be deemed to have accepted the amended terms.
- 2.2.1 By registering as a user of our Website, you warrant that:
3. Purchase Of Products And/Or Services
- 3.1 Ordering
By placing an order through our Website, you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
- 3.2 How the contract is formed between you and us
After placing an order, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Product or Service from us. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e mail that confirms either or both of the following (depending on whether you have bought products, services or both):
- 3.2.1 Buying Products: The contract between us ("Contract") will only be formed when we send you a "Dispatch Confirmation" email.
- 3.2.2 Buying Services: The contract between us ("Contract") will only be formed when we send you a "Services Confirmation" email, containing passwords and other details enabling you to access the Services you have bought.
- 3.2.3 The Contract will relate only to those Products or Services that we have confirmed in the Dispatch/Services Confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply any other Products or Services which may have been part of your order until they have been confirmed in a separate Dispatch/Services Confirmation.
- 3.2.4 Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following: • - The Product or Service you ordered being unavailable from stock. • - Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment. • - The identification of a pricing or Product description error. • - You not meeting the eligibility to order criteria set out in these Terms.
- 3.2.5 If you have any queries regarding orders you have placed with us please call us on 0845 077 2980, email us at or write to us at: Customer Services, The Forton Group Ltd., College Farm, Main Street, Willoughby, Warwickshire, CV23 8BH
4. Contract Cancellation & Return of Goods
- 4.1 If you are contracting as a consumer and buying a physical product, you may cancel a Contract at any time within 14 days, beginning on the day after you received the Product you ordered. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid in accordance with our refunds policy.
- Refunds Policy: Products purchased via the LeadershipZone Website can be returned for a full refund or exchange within three months of the date of dispatch.
When you return a Product to us:
- (a) because you have cancelled the Contract between us within the 14 day period we will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day you have given notice of your cancellation. In this case, we will refund the price of the Product in full, including the cost of sending the item to you. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the item to us.
- (b) for any other reason (for instance, because you have notified us in accordance with clause 17.3 that you do not agree to any change in these terms and conditions or in any of our policies, or because you claim that the Product is defective), we will examine the returned Product and will notify you of your refund via e-mail within a reasonable period of time. We will usually process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of the day we confirmed to you via email that you were entitled to a refund for the defective Product. Products returned by you because of a defect will be refunded in full, including a refund of the delivery charges for sending the item to you and the cost incurred by you in returning the item to us.
- Refunds Policy: Products purchased via the LeadershipZone Website can be returned for a full refund or exchange within three months of the date of dispatch.
- 4.2 We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase.
- 4.3 To cancel a Contract, you must inform us in writing. You must also return the Product(s) to us immediately and at your own cost and risk. The product must be unused and returned in the original packaging, in good condition. Please take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. This provision does not affect your statutory rights.
5. Description Of Products Or Services
- 5.1 We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of Products or Services appearing on the Website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the Website as up to date as possible, the information appearing on this Website at a particular time may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order. We will confirm the price of a Product in the Dispatch or Services Confirmation.
- 5.2 Every care has been taken to ensure that the description and specifications of the Products are correct. However while online colour reproduction is a close representation, variations in actual Products may occur.
6. Price & Payment Methods
- 6.1 The price of any Products and Services will be as quoted on our Website from time to time, except in cases of obvious error. These prices exclude delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due.
- 6.2 Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Dispatch/Service Confirmation.
- 6.3 Every effort has been made on this Website to ensure that shopping online is safe and secure, using the RBS Worldpay System. The LeadershipZone cannot be responsible for the fraudulent use on our Website of a lost credit card, but will assist your credit card company where necessary – and with your express permission - once you have reported the fraud to them.
7. Pricing and VAT outside of the UK
- 7.1 Payment is to be made in pounds Sterling. International credit card providers or banks will determine the exchange rate, and may add an additional processing or administration charge which the cardholder will be liable to pay.
- 7.2 All Product prices shown on the Website are inclusive of any applicable UK VAT. This means that the total price you pay for the Product is always the same, regardless of whether or not UK VAT is chargeable on our sale of the Product.
- 7.3 If you order Products or from us for delivery outside the UK, they may be subject to import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the country of delivery or the delivery address. The recipient at the delivery address will be responsible for paying any such import duties and taxes. If you're ordering Products to be delivered to someone else, please ensure they're aware that they'll be responsible for these additional charges. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
- 7.4 The Forton Group Ltd. has a policy of charging all customers the same throughout the world, so that the price paid in pounds sterling is the same wherever customers live (except for the cost of delivery). None of the significant additional administrative costs for overseas orders are passed on to customers. Equally, an effective reduction in prices through reclaiming VAT is not available.
- 7.5 Please also note that you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
- 7.6 For payments by credit card over £750 we reserve the right to add a surcharge of 2% as a contribution towards the fees charged by credit card companies.
- 8.1 From receipt of your order and payment in full we aim to deliver Products within 2 weeks, stock permitting and access to Services within 48 working hours (Monday to Friday).
- 8.2 For stock purposes, each item requested constitutes an individual order. We will always attempt to consolidate multiple orders in one shipment. Due to stock and packaging requirements, Products may be shipped over several days and in more than one package.
9. Third Party Links
- 9.1 Links to third party websites on the Website are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Website. We have not reviewed any of these third party websites and do not control and we are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability. We do not endorse or make any representations about them, or any material found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- 9.2 Where the Forton Group has a commercial arrangement with a 3rd party (e.g. Amazon), this interest will be declared.
10. Your Privacy
- 10.2 When you shop on this Website, we will ask you to input and will collect Personal Information from you such as your name, e-mail address, billing address, delivery address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information and a password. We may also collect information about where you are on the internet (eg the URL you came from, IP address, domain types like .co.uk and .com), your browser type, the country and telephone area code where your computer is located, the pages of our website that were viewed during your visit, and any search terms that you entered on our website ("User Information"). We may collect this information even if you do not register with us.
- 10.3 When you create a shopping account while ordering online you will be given the option to receive information from The Forton Group by post, e-mail or telephone, about products, services, promotions or special offers which we feel may be of interest to you. In the event that you do not wish to be contacted for such purposes, ensure that you tick the appropriate box as you go through the registration process. You may unsubscribe from our contact list at any time by replying to a promotional e-mail with the word "unsubscribe" in the subject line, by e-mailing us at or telephoning us on 0845 077 2980 during office hours.
- 10.4 We will not release your Personal Information to any company outside of the Forton Group for mailing, marketing or any other purposes.
- 10.5 If we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled do so.
- 10.6 'Cookies'
- 10.7 Our Data Protection Responsibilities
There are eight enforceable principles of good practice related to the processing of personal data. The 8 principles of the Data Protection Act state that the data must be: • Fair and lawfully processed • Processed for limited purposes • Adequate, relevant and not excessive • Accurate • Not kept for longer than necessary • Processed in accordance with the data subject's rights • Secure • Not transferred to countries without adequate protection The Forton Group is fully committed to these 8 principles.
This site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service. Any Personal Information which you provide to us (or which is available on pu blic registers) and any User Information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Data Commissioner's Office. We use your information only for the following purposes: • Processing your orders; • For statistical or survey purposes to improve this Website and its services to you; • To serve website content to you; • To administer this website; • If you consent, to notify you of products or special offers that may be of interest to you by emails and our bulletin.
- 10.9 Storing your data outside the EU
Your data may be stored and processed outside of the EU. If, through using a third party data storage mechanism outside of our direct control (such as through the use of 'cloud computing'), we store your data outside the EU, we take the following steps:
- Notice: we will inform online and offline users, in a clear and conspicuous manner, about the purpose(s) for which information about them is collected and used; the choice mechanism(s) available for limiting use and transfer; the types of third parties to which data is transferred; and how to contact the organisation for enquiries or complaints.
- Choice: We offer all users a clear and conspicuous opt-out mechanism for any secondary uses of data.
- Access: You can obtain reasonable access to personal information about you by contacting us (see Contact Us, below). You can also correct, amend or delete information that is inaccurate by contact us.
- Security: We take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, unauthorised disclosure, unauthorised alteration and unauthorised destruction. We use technologies such as encryption, access controls and physical security of the data.
- Onward transfer: our website service providers guarantee at least the same level of protection as is required by the relevant principles, and/or they subscribe to the Safe Harbour Principles or is subject to the EU directive or another adequacy finding by the EU.
- Data integrity: we only collect personal information relevant to the purposes stated above, and take reasonable steps to ensure that this data is reliable, accurate, complete and current.
10.10 We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
You agree that you are aware your data is being stored and processed outside the EU and that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
11. Gift Vouchers
- 11.1 The LeadershipZone paper gift vouchers can be exchanged for goods and services offered by The Forton Group Ltd and for coaching services offered by the Leadership Coach.
- 11.2 Gift vouchers may not be exchanged for cash.
- 11.3 If the Products purchased online total less than the value of the gift voucher, any balance will be left as a credit for you and will be redeemed against subsequent orders.
- 11.4 Gift vouchers may not be used to discharge indebtedness on any account issued by The LeadershipZone.
- 11.5 When redeeming gift vouchers online or over the telephone you will be required to give the serial number of the voucher. This may be used once only. Email gift vouchers must be used in conjunction with the email address to which they were mailed and can only be used online only.
- 11.6 If you have to return Products you have purchased online using gift voucher/s, then in most instances we will credit your online shopping account against further purchases. This does not affect your statutory rights.
12. Money Off Vouchers And Promotional Discounts
- 12.1 Money-off vouchers and voucher codes are not exchangeable for cash and can only be used once per transaction. Money-off vouchers and voucher codes cannot be used to purchase gift vouchers.
- 12.2 Money-off vouchers and voucher codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other voucher or voucher code.
- 12.3 Discounts and promotional discount codes offered by the Website are valid only for use as part of a purchase made via the Website, unless otherwise stated.
- 12.4 If you return to us for a refund a Product which has been purchased with a money-off voucher, we will refund to you the full price of that item less the value of the voucher used.
13. Prize Draws
- 13.1 We operate prize draws from time to time which are governed by relevant Terms & Conditions. When entering any of our contests or prize draws, you provide your name, email address and mailing address. If you win, we will send the prize to the address entered and notify you by email. When you enter a contest or prize draw, you are also included in our newsletter list to receive notice of promotions, specials and new additions to the Website. You may unsubscribe from this news list by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email received.
- 13.2 Prizes are transferable, to a nominated charity (e.g. as a donation in kind), or to a nominated 3rd party, with our express agreement
- 13.3 Names of winners or recipients of prize draws will be entered in our publicly-available 'Prize Draw Register' under the Bribery & Corruption 2010 regulations.
14. Our Liability
- 14.1 We warrant to you that any Product purchased from us through our Website is of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of the kind are commonly supplied.
- 14.2 We will not accept responsibility for a failure to comply with specific care instructions stated in the Product or within the Product's packaging.
- 14.3 Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement is strictly limited to the purchase price of the Product you purchased.
- 14.4 This does not include or limit in any way our liability:
- (a) for death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- (b) under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987;
- (c) for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- (d) for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
- 14.5 We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage, including but not limited to:
- (a) loss of income or revenue;
- (b) loss of business;
- (c) loss of profits or contracts;
- (d) loss of anticipated savings;
- (e) loss of data; or
- (f) waste of management or office time however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise; provided that this clause 15.5 shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property that fall within the terms of clause 15.1 or clause 15.3 or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of categories (a) to (f) inclusive of this clause 15.5.
- 14.6 We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
15. Events Outside Our Control (Force Majeure Events)
- 15.1 A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- (a) strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
- (b) civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
- (c) fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
- (d) impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
- (e) impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; and
- (f) the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
- 15.2 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control ("Force Majeure Event").
- 15.3 Our performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
- 16.1 Intellectual property and right to use
- 16.1.1 Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the content on the Website are owned by us or our licensors. Any access or use of the Website for any reason other than your personal, non-commercial use is prohibited.
- 16.1.2 Excluding free resources made available to you by registration with us, no part of the Website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or Website without our prior written permission.
- 16.1.3 You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the Website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may (if necessary to make a purchase of Product(s)) download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any commercial use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited.
- 16.1.4 You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
17. Compliance with laws
The Website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and any transactions conducted on or through the Website.
- 17.1 Written Communications
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by email or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
- 17.2 Notices
All notices given by you to us must be given to The Forton Group Ltd., College Farm, Main Street, Willoughby, Warwickshire CV23 8BH. We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when placing an order, or in any of the digital ways specified in clause 17.3 above. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately - • When posted on our website, or • 24 hours after an email is sent, or • Three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email, that such email was sent to the specified email address of the addressee.
- 17.3 Transfer of rights and obligations
- 17.3.1 The contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assigns.
- 17.3.2 You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
- 17.3.3 We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract.
- 17.4 Severance
If any part of these Terms shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of these Terms.
- 17.5 Waiver
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
- 17.6 Entire Agreement
We intend to rely upon these Terms and Conditions, and any document expressly referred to in them in relation to the subject matter of any Contract. While we accept responsibility for statements and representations made by our duly authorised agents, please make sure you ask for any variations from these terms and conditions to be confirmed in writing.
- 17.7 Our Right to Vary these Terms
We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time. You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order Products from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Dispatch Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the Products).
- 17.8 Law
These Terms and the Contracts shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Contracts or their formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
18. Contact Us
Please call us on 0845 077 2980 Email us at Write to us at: Customer Services, The Forton Group Ltd.,College Farm, Main Street, Willoughby, Warwickshire, CV23 8BH
19. Customer Policies: public workshops, masterclasses & training courses
We hope you will be pleased with your purchase, especially when you book your coaching, training or other workshops by phone, email or online. Our aim is to give you clear information about the goods or services before buying.
The following representative of the Forton Group Limited will be your initial point of contact for your training.
- Name: Bob Hughes PCC, Chairman, The Forton Group
- Telephone (landline): +44(0)1788 890010
- Telephone (mobile): +44(0)7710 105612
For administrative enquiries, please contact the office on T: +44(0)845 077 2980
- Email: www.thefortongroup.com
Registered Office: College Farm, Main Street, Willoughby, Warwickshire, CV23 8BH
- Business registered in the United Kingdom, no. 4389389.
- VAT registration number: 849 2968 65
It is the Forton Group's policy to be flexible and supportive of training course participants and coaching clients where possible; however, we do incur costs when booking venues, committing trainers and organising events. It is the Forton Group's policy to set out clearly our policy on course reservations and cancellation costs and not hide in the 'small print'. This policy also covers the Data Protection statement relevant to course bookings, coaching and coach supervision.
Reservation is a contract and all payments must normally be made four weeks before the course date and/or first coaching session. Payments are accepted by cheque, BACs payment, or Worldpay or PayPal for payment by credit card. A VAT invoice will be issued on receipt of booking, on request ( ). If payment is not received by the event date/first coaching session we reserve the right to make an additional charge of £20 per person to cover administration costs and/or cancel the place from course.
Where you are buying our services for yourself rather than for a business you have the right to cancel within seven days of our contract with you. In this case, if you do cancel your order within seven days in writing to , you will have your payment returned in full. .
Course Substitutions, cancellations postponement fees and refunds
Cancellation by delegates
Places on our courses are limited so we therefore operate a cancellation policy regarding refund.
To cancel a place on our events and courses, notice of cancellation must be given by email to: Please note that receipt of notification of cancellation will be confirmed – if you do not receive confirmation of cancellation please try to contact us again.
To receive a full refund (minus a £25.00 administration fee) you must cancel at least 28 days prior to the start of the course. To receive a 50% refund (minus a £25.00 administration fee) or where possible a transfer to another event or course you must notify the Events Team at least 14 days prior to the training.
Delegates cancelling less than 14 days before the event will not be entitled to a refund. No refund will be made for non-attendance on the course
Name substitutions can be made at any time before the course without penalty.
For courses which are free of charge, we may ask for a deposit which will be returned upon arrival at the course. Should the applicant not attend the course without following the normal cancellation procedure, we will reserve the right to retain the applicant’s deposit.
Cancellation of courses by the Company and changes to course content
Our events and courses are constantly updated and while we will endeavour to deliver the courses as advertised there may inevitably be occasions where we have to change content without prior notice or, in exceptional circumstances, to cancel an event.
In the event of cancellation of a training event by us, we will endeavour to inform all participants four weeks before the course is due to take place, although please be aware that this is not always possible. Delegates will be offered an alternative date, a credit note or a full refund. We are unable to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including flights, accommodation etc.
Occasionally, circumstances will arise which result in the need to cancel, reschedule or postpone an event, due to an unforeseen occurrence or Act of God. When this is the case we shall assume no liability.
Where dates are varied by us, course participants may request a full refund if the new dates are not convenient.
Coaching and Coach Mentoring or Supervision cancellations and postponements
We request that you, as a leader, commit to your coaching, supervision and/or coach mentoring appointments – whether in-person or telephone meetings, as you would to any significant executive commitment.
Subject to availability, your Coach/Supervisor/Mentor may agree to reschedule a meeting with a minimum of 7 days notice for face to face calls or 48 hours for telephone coaching. However, this is not guaranteed and you should check with them at the outset to confirm these arrangements. If less, or no, notice is given then the time is usually lost and you will be charged for replacement appointments
Additional Data Protection Information
Customer details will be held by The Forton Group Ltd for the purposes of customer administration, marketing and research and for venue health and safety requirements, recording participants' attendance at events and future coaching and training events and services. Your data will be treated in accordance with current Data Protection legislation and will not be given or sold to a third party, other than for the purposes of course or coach-accreditation by a third party, for example the International Coach Federation, which accredits the Coaches, Faculty and Coach Training services delivered by the Forton Group.
As a business based in the European Union, we are committed to the Online Dispute Resolution system to resolve problems with goods or services bought online.
You can only use it if you live in the EU and the trader is based in the EU.
These are the privacy policies for The Forton Group Ltd (TFG) and services provided through these and other Forton Group websites and applications ("our sites") by the Forton Group, which includes The Leadership Coach Ltd., The Forton School of Leadership Ltd. and Forton Global Resources Ltd.
At TFG we collect different types of information about our users for three reasons:
- To help us to monitor and improve the services we offer
- To provide secure access to learning materials
- With user consent, to market services to individuals (delete s) users
The Forton Group does not take paid advertising on its websites. Any advertising you see (for example, on our blogs) is beyond TFG’s control.
There may be additional privacy policies that apply to certain services at TFG. Please read these at the time you register or subscribe for these services on these sites.
1. We do our best to protect user privacy through the appropriate use of security technology. This means:
- we ensure that we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information
- we ensure that when we outsource any processes that (delete) the service provider has appropriate security measures.
2. We will respect your privacy. You should receive marketing emails only from TFG and, if you choose, from our partners listed on the ‘contact us’ page of our sites – by you contacting them directly
We may email you occasionally with information or queries about your registration, your subscription account or postings, for example, with event reminders.
3. We will collect and use individual user details only where we have legitimate business reasons and are legally entitled to do so.
4. We will be transparent in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use your information.
5. We will use personal data only for the purpose(s) for which they were originally collected and we will ensure personal data are is securely disposed of.
6. Our site is accessible via the Internet. This means that, wherever you choose to post your data on the site, they it can be accessed from anywhere around the world.
7. Where we, our partners, or our service providers transfer data out of the European Economic Area this is done with relevant protections required by UK law in place.
How we use your information
We collect information on our users through registration (Igniting Excellence in Leadership, and Professional Leadership Coach Training Programme sites and blogs) and use of the website, through cookies, where you choose to disclose data in postings, and when you enter surveys, sales promotions and competitions.
The minimum information we need to register a user is an email address and a password. We will ask further questions for different services, including sales promotions. Unless stated, all registration questions are compulsory.
We may also ask some further, voluntary questions during registration for certain services (for example, the LeadershipZone) so we can gain a clearer understanding of our users.
Following registration you may be sent regular emails from TFG. You will be able to unsubscribe from these at any time.
Logging in using social networking credentials
Currently it is not possible to log into The LeadershipZone using Facebook, Twitter, Google or Linked-In log-ins. However, this information is provided to future-proof these policies:
- Facebook Log In: If you log-in to our sites using a Facebook log-in as a means of authentication you grant permission to Facebook to share your user details. This will include your name, email address, date of birth and location which will then be used to form a Forton Identity, and you may use your picture from Facebook as part of your profile. Authenticating also permits the sharing of your gender, networks, user ID and any other information you choose to share according to your Facebook account settings. If you remove TFG from your Facebook settings, our access to this additional information will cease.
- Google Log In: If you log-in to our sites using a google log-in as a means of authentication you grant permission to google to share your user details. This will include your name, email address, date of birth, gender and location which will then be used to form a Forton Identity, and you may use your picture from google as part of your profile. Authenticating also permits the sharing of your networks, user ID and any other information you choose to share according to your google account settings. If you remove TFG from your google settings, our access to this additional information will cease.
- Twitter: If you log-in to our sites using a twitter log-in as a means of authentication we receive your avatar and twitter username.
Updating your personal information
On the Professional Leadership Coach Training site, we offer a profile page, where you can update your personal information at any time, and change your profile. You can get to this page from most pages on the site - simply click on the ‘Profile’ link at the top right-hand of the screen when you are signed in.
Who we share data with
We will not share your personal information with others for marketing purposes unless you have given us your permission. With your permission we will share your information only with our named partners – see ‘contact us’ for details.
We reserve the right to access and disclose personal data to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both ourselves and our users.
Any third parties who access your data in the course of providing services on our behalf are subject to strict contractual restrictions to ensure that your data is protected, and in compliance with applicable data protection/privacy legislation.
We may use service providers to help us run these sites or services available on the sites, some of whom may be based outside the EEA.
Some TFG webpages use plugins from third party platforms (such as the 'Facebook Recommend' function). Information about your visit to TFG websites may be collected by these third party providers on these pages. If you browse these pages whilst still also logged in to your account on the third party platform, information collected by the third party may be connected to your account on the third party platform.
For more information on how these third parties use information, please read their privacy policies.
- For statistical purposes to track how many individual unique users we have and how often they visit our websites.
- We collect data listing which of our pages are most frequently visited and by which types of users and from which countries.
- Flash cookies may be used to store user preferences for media player functionality and without them some video content may not render correctly.
You can turn cookies off but if you do this you may not be able to use all services on our websites and you might see more pop-ups, as we won't be able to limit what you see using cookies. You will, however, still be able to view editorial content
TFG does not take advertising on its websites. Any advertising you see (for example, on our blogs) is beyond our control.
Legal information and how to contact us
For the purposes of the UK Data Protection Act 1998, the Data Controller for The Forton Group and services provided through the websites by TFG is College Farm, Main Street, Willoughby, Warwickshire, CV23 8BH, United Kingdom.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold on you, or have any queries regarding TFG’s use of personal data please contact the Data Protection Manager at the above address, or by email to
Changes to our privacy policies
- Should we decide to change our privacy policies we will post the changes here.
- Where the changes are significant, we may also choose to email all our registered users with the new details.
- Where required by law, we will obtain your consent to make these changes.