Accredited Training for Coach-Mentors/Supervisors
"Workshop flew by in a flash. So enjoyable. Thought-provoking & opportunities to practise skills. Gentle lead-in to main workshop thrust which created a safe environment to pose questions & try things for the 1st time."
Anne Fanning,Psychology for Business Ltd
Coach-mentoring & supervision
Receiving support and feedback on your coaching is a great way to build your experience and confidence as a coach. It works well in small groups and 1-1. Coaches bring a range of topics to these confidential sessions: real-live coaching issues; challenges and concerns; ethical and coaching competences. Coach mentoring and supervision is available from our Faculty, contact email@example.com for details.
Training in coach-mentoring & supervision
Increasingly demanded by corporations when commissioning coaching services, training in coach-mentoring and supervision is a natural next step for experienced coaches to step up into the mentoring and supervision zone. Our accredited training offers experience and confidence in supporting other professionals. It's accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF) and meets the demanding requirements of the UK ICF, and the Association for Coaching standards.
Pride in your professional standards
Raise your own professional coaching standards and support others to improve their coaching practice, competences and ethics. This programme will enhance your personal and professional development.You will explore typical issues and challenges facing coaches in the corporate, executive and leadership coaching world and develop your own and others' emotional intelligence.
Specialising in leadership, executive and corporate coaching, this programme covers topics such as
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Boundaries between coach-mentoring and coach-supervision, and other professional practices
- Other professions' supervision models
- The difference between personal, business and coaching ethics
- Emotional awareness and resilience as a coach
The Forton Coach-Mentoring and Supervision programme gives you the theoretical understanding and the practical experience and confidence to deliver coach-supervision services to fellow professionals.
1. One-day in-person workshop
- In-person day working in small class sizes
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Review and reflection models & principles
2. Skills development by teleclass
- 5 x 90 minutes sessions
- Setting up the conversation
3. Group supervision by teleclass
- 10 x 60 minute sessions
- Explore coaching challenges in a confidential environment
- Discuss real life situations
4. Ethics masterclasses
- 6 x 60 minutes by teleclass
- discuss case studies and real life ethical issues
- explore ethics in coaching & the business of coaching
5. 1-1 supervision
- 4 x 60 minute private sessions by phone
- Individual coach-supervision
- Written feedback to support learning and growth
6. 3 Personal Study Assignments supported by a Senior Faculty Member
Students can anticipate spending around 15 hours of self-study per assignment which links learning to application.
Delivery overviewA blend of delivery methods - in-person workshop; group supervision by teleclass/video-conference; 1-1 supervision; distance learning and personal study. All supported by Senior Faculty Members. Prices are fully-inclusive of venue costs, refreshments and distance-learning facilities.
Participants will receive
- Access to Forton's online learning centre
- All learning materials and handouts
- In-person, group and private classes to achieve your goals
Evidence of equivalent prior trainingWe accept evidence of equivalent prior training from coach-specific training programmes for credits against some of these modules.
Recognised as Continuing Coach Education by the International Coach Federation
Suitable for experienced coaches
"Having had some poor experiences of supervision in the past and also questioning whether supervision, as opposed to mentoring, was appropriate for coaches, the Forton model of coach supervision and mentoring adds real value to both the coach and the supervisor/mentor."
Gill Best Caelum Coaching firstname.lastname@example.org or see our Global Partners